Designing your ideal home and getting approval to build it shouldn’t be difficult! Our Home Designs will take all the stress out of designing your dream home. We’ll help you design your new home or alterations and assist you with applying for Council approval. We’ll even help you find a builder.
Help with planning advice and approval to build
Before you build your new home or make alterations to your existing house, you need to have approval from the local planning Authority or Council to do so.
Our Home Design is experienced in designing your dream home, we can help you ensure your plans are suitable for your building site and that they meet the requirements of your local Council or other relevant Authority within Australia. We are also experts at planning alterations to your existing home.
We can help you:
- determine the needs of your local Council or Authority for planning and development approvals for new homes, additions, alterations or renovations
- get answers to questions regarding the determination process, building approvals, local government requirements or licenses and charges
- complete the processes, surveys and paperwork for your building approval
- obtain builders quotes for the actual building work
What the Full Planning Assistance Package entails
When you upgrade your house and floor plan to include the the Full Assistance Package, you get all the help you need to take your dream house from concept to reality or make your alterations possible.
Our Home Design will:
- customise your purchased plans to suit your development site (we supply you with full working drawings)
- produce all required plans for the selected Authority to determine your development proposal (site plan, floor plan, elevations, sections etc.)
- produce all required standard Authorities application forms and documents that the Authority requires for lodgement e.g. Statement of Environmental Effects (SOEE) check sheet
- obtain the quote for the required lodgement fee if the Authority requires a lodgement application fee (this would be payable at the time of lodgement)
Our Home Design can provide you with additional assistance in obtaining other professional documents and supporting information for a determining Authority if required or requested.
Additional reports that may be requested are:
- Basix Report Certificate
- Structural and Civil Engineer plans and documents
- Landscape plans/ Geotechnical Report
- Bush Fire reports
- other similar items that a determining Authority may require/request.
The additional services provided will be quoted separately and have to be agreed by both parties before being undertaken.
Before you start...
Before you go ahead and purchase the plan of your dreams, make sure you’ve checked with your local determining Authority whether you are permitted to develop the type of property/house you like on the block of land you have purchased or are planning to purchase.
Five steps to lodgement of your development application (DA)
Once you know you’re allowed to build the type of dwelling you want on your block of land, there are 5 steps you need to complete.
For your records
All plans and documents we provide you with will be copied to a disk and be given to you at the end of the approval process, so you have a record of the process and documents.
A final note
The concept plan images used on this site are for information purposes only, they should not be copied for use as they may not be suitable for the type of development you plan to build. All plans from this website should be adjusted to suit the intended property being developed.
All the plans and supportive documents available for purchase on this website have been developed for Australia and are therefore only suitable for use in Australia. They have been designed to assist you with the lodgement of an application for development to the relative local planning Authority in Australia only.
House and floor plans can be purchased worldwide and modified to suit your country’s requirements.
In some instances, the determining Authority may have items that need addressing after the application has been submitted. In these instances, Our Home Design will provide assistance if you request it.
If the information requested requires an additional service fee, a quote will be provided before undertaking any further assistance. If the request is something that was missed when lodgement was made then no fee would apply.
Our Home Designs - We help make your dream home possible!